Friday, February 21, 2014

Fridays at First Day: Is God Near?

I leave this afternoon for a weekend women's retreat.  The title of the retreat, "God is Near," got me thinking about my experiences understanding the presence of God in my life.  I decided to write a post right before attending the retreat and a follow up post next week after I return.  It is my prayer that you all feel God's love in a special way today.

2310883130_a7cb36842d_z

Is God Near?

My dad used to sit on the edge of my bed as I said my prayers at night. I would picture God hovering high over the Earth, reigning from the dark expanse of zero gravity, the sun illuminating His being above us. I have never pictured God as a white bearded old man sitting on a throne of clouds. I have always pictured Him with the face of Jesus whose picture hung in my grandmother’s terrace kitchen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment