Tuesday, November 26, 2013

They Gave Me an Assignment

I liked school.  I was good at school.  I worked well within the constrains of syllabi and assessments.  And so, when I was asked by the editor at The First Day, a new online and print magazine devoted to arts, culture, faith and practice, to submit a piece on attending a recent conference, I was tickled pink.  I had an assignment. 

I am already hopeful I will write for this site again or maybe even regularly (fingers crossed.  I love assignments!).  It would be an honor to join the "cast of characters" already populating this website's list of writers.  I feel passionate about issues of faith and appreciate having a safe place to discuss them, one that crosses backgrounds, cultures, and denominations.

If you haven't already done so, please read my post, published today.  Please also peruse The First Day site in its entirety.  No matter what your belief system I am confident you will find something there that speaks to you.

As always, I am grateful for your readership and feedback.  The First Day feels the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment