Friday, January 10, 2014

Friday's at First Day: Becoming a Protestant Rebel

I would have chosen a different title for this piece.  I like its irony, however, seeing that I hardly identify with being rebellious or Protestant.  And, I leave my titles up to the editor's because it's their blog and I am rarely attached to one enough to fight for it.  I tend to trust writers with more experience.

Regardless, here is a short piece on when I began my relationship with the Lord, or rather, He began His relationship with me.  I am pleased to report I have been poorly serving God for half of my life now.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Becoming a Protestant Rebel
7029942215_eb0114282a_z
When I was 16 years old, I rebelled like any other typical teenager. However, unlike most other kids my age, I did not step out in order to date, drink, pierce or ink. Oh no, I reached straight up and over the heights of the rebellion box. I left the Catholic Church and joined a Protestant youth group.  Read more...



Share your story at The First Day or here in the comments.  I would love to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment